Lower carbon emissions: once the energy to make and install your system is account for solar electricity is renewable.
Lower fuel bills: you could reduce your electricity bills by as much as £250 per year. A typical home PV system can produce around 50% of the electricity of an average household in a year.
Export electricity back to the grid: if your system is producing more electricity than needed, or at times during the day when you are not at home, someone else can use it – by either exporting by a private wire or to the grid
Energy storage options: if your home is not connected to the grid, excess electricity can be stored in batteries
Solar electricity has many other benefits, both for the client and the environment.
A few of these benefits are listed below:
- Feed in Tariff (FiT) income for 20 years
- Making your own energy makes you more aware about energy use, lowering your bills even more
- Potentially increase the value of your property
- Scalable, meaning that more modules can be added in if required
- Quick and easy to install
- Planning permission not normally required
- Cost effective
- Backup battery system for going off-grid entirely can be used
- Reduce your personal carbon footprint