Benefits of Solar PV
Lowers carbon emissions: solar PV electricity is renewable once its installation’s carbon payback time is accounted for
Lower fuel bills: electricity bills could be reduced by as much as £250 per year. A typical home PV system can produce around 50% of the electricity of an average household in a year.
Can export electricity back to the grid: if system is producing more electricity than needed, or at times during the day when householder is not at home, someone else can use it – by either exporting by a private wire or to the grid
Energy storage options: if a home is not connected to the grid, excess electricity can be stored in batteries
Solar PV has many other benefits, both for the client and the environment.
A few of these benefits are listed below:
- PV is scalable, meaning that more modules can be added in if required.
- They are quick and easy to install.
- They do not require planning permission.
- They are cost effective.
- They can be built into a backup battery system for going off-grid entirely.
- They receive FiT for 25 years.
- They increase your property value.
- They reduce your personal carbon footprint.
- Making your own energy makes you more aware about energy use, lowering your bills even more.